By booking a trip with Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel you are deemed to have accepted on behalf of everyone involved in the booking of these Booking Conditions, which constitutes the entire agreement between you and Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel, and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis.
1. Booking process
A booking request is possible if made via email, including all necessary details (exact tour starting date, names of all clients, room type, food preferences if any etc.). As soon as this is received, a voucher will be issued and sent to the client for the deposit payment (30% of the total holiday cost in Euros).
Bank account details for deposit:
· IBAN PT50 0045 6320 4022 4783 9549 2
· BIC/SWIFT code: CCCMPTPL.
· Company name: Aventuractiva, Eventos e Turismo Activo, Soc. Uni. Lda
· Company Headquarters address: Rua timor 2-A 7540-208 Santiago do Cacém
· Bank Name CA - Crédito Agricola
· Bank address: Av. D. Nuno Álvares Pereira, 2, 7540-102 Santiago do Cacém (or international transfers, the address may need to be from Lisbon, which represents our local bank “Crédito Agricola”)
- Using Credit Card (VISA or MASTERCARD) - If you prefer to use a credit card it´s compulsory by Portuguese law to fill the authorization form attached to the pre-reservation email.
- BALANCE (remaining amount corresponding to 70%) is paid locally using cash, debit or credit card at the first hotel (mentioned in the voucher).
The holiday will be confirmed after deposit confirmation.
Normally this confirmation takes up to 3-5 days, and after an email, from us, you can proceed with purchasing your flight tickets or doing other arrangements. Sometimes last-minute bookings risk the inability of hotels to confirm standard rooms and extra charges may apply for rooms booked in more expensive hotels.
Clients will be advised of these charges and if accepted, they will be added to the tour voucher. The documents package will be delivered locally (incl. accommodations list, the contact details of our local partners etc.) at the first hotel during the briefing.
All clients are required to pay a deposit of 30% for their booking requests in order to start the reservation process. If there is availability with hotels, which is confirmed by our local partners, the deposit becomes non-refundable 30 days before the start of your holiday.
If there is no availability with hotels the deposit will be refunded (with all bank charges at a beneficiary side in case wire transfers had been used for the deposit payment).
Balance payment should be received/made at the briefing, it is possible to use Cash, Debit, or Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard).
Wire transfers from countries outside Europe: In most cases banks, transferring money from outside Europe, would use an intermediary bank in Europe to handle the payment further to our bank. These intermediary banks charge extra (appr. 20-30 Euros per transfer). All clients should make sure their bank doesn't use such mediators, otherwise, the charges of the latter will also be added to the final bill of the client.
3. Booking alterations
Changes of the published prices by Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel before your booking confirmation shall not be treated as indecorousness from our side. Although we do our best to maintain up to date rates on our website, unfavorable changes in exchange rates, local operators’ costs, transportation costs, and taxes may occur, which will affect the final price.
If a client wants to do changes in the tour program it is necessary that these are advised as early as possible. Although we will make efforts to satisfy those changes we do not guarantee that we will be able to meet such requests.
Tours and services with mixed-up starting dates due to clients' fault may not always be handled if the mistake is noted shortly before the starting date of the services.
Administrative taxes of 50 Euros up to 100% of the package price will be applied in such cases to rearrange or make a new booking.
4. Cancellations by the client
All cancellations should be made in writing to Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel on our corporate email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations advised verbally to a company staff (i.e. drivers, local representatives) or in writing to another email address will not be considered valid. Clients can cancel a certain tour/holiday free of charge if no availability with hotels is confirmed by us after receiving the deposit payment.
If a ground service provided by Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel is omitted by a client (e.g. transfer, tour, etc.) due to last-minute illness, flight cancellation, etc. this is considered a “no-show” and no refund will be made.
The same rule applies if a client decides to leave the holiday before its end.
We will issue all required documents, verifying the cancellation, which you can use for your insurance company.
Refund policy regarding timeline:
- If cancellation happens until 30 days before arrival - we will refund the deposit amount minus any bank charges plus a 50€ of administrative taxes;
- Less than 30 days before arrival date - we will keep the 30% deposit;
Deposits/payments made with a VISA credit card needed to be refunded by Bank account transfer.
To make it happen, we ask for the following details:
Your name (as the account holder) and your full address;
Your Bank Account number:
Your Bank branch transit number and full branch address:
TD's Institution number:
TD's Swift Code (international):
If you have a cheque, the example below:
5. Cancellations by Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel
In the unlikely event that Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel needs to change significantly or cancel a certain reservation, the client will be given the choice to:
1) accept the changed arrangements;
2) cancel or accept the cancellations by Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel (a partial refund will sometimes be obtained). Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel is not responsible for any incidental expenses that a client may have incurred as a result of the booking such as visas, vaccinations, or non-refundable flights.
Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel shall not be held liable in cases of "force majeure" circumstances, herewith described as events which we or our subcontractors cannot predict or avoid, such as terrorist activity, strike, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, quarantine, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, etc.
7. Handling of complaints
Any complaints brought to our attention after the end of the holiday could only be regarded but we regret in advance that no efforts could be made at this later stage which would have made your holiday more enjoyable.
If something to complain about, please do it locally and will have a chance to help.
8. Texts and prices accuracy
We endeavor to present the information on our website as accurately as possible but some errors may occur during the time of publishing or meant amendments afterward. We kindly ask you to make sure that the information and price at the time of booking are correct.
9. Travel and personal insurances, health, and immigration
Please note that no travel insurance is included in our packages and we suggest that at the time of booking all clients consider purchasing a policy of their choice.
Clients are also fully responsible for all visa, passport, immigration, quarantine, customs, health and other requirements of the countries visited or transited.
A valid passport must be carried by each person.
Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel is not responsible if a client fails to ensure that they comply with these requirements.
This is compulsory - Guests/walkers/cyclists should make their own personal insurance once this is a self-guided holiday and it´s not included in this holiday.
If doing it with us, it will have an extra cost of 5€ euros per activity day and we need to be advised before the holiday starts using our company email.
We suggest the following companies for hiking and cycling:
Aventuractiva/Vicentina Travel is a licensed and fully bonded Portuguese tour operator (license number: RNAVT4280)
1.º Season - From 17 January to 1 June
2.º Season - from 19 September t9 December
- Other dates on request. (From the 1 to the 13 of June we are sold out.).
WHEN TO GO/BOOK?
- In July and August we don´t sell it once it´s just too hot to cycle and hike this area.
- Client is free to choose a starting date for all hiking and biking tour programs.